Sunday, July 26, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

Well, last night was the main event of my class reunion. I enjoyed getting to see old friends that I don't see very often or not at all. The event was held at the Hilton and was very nice. Good food and good friends. When my mom had her 20 year reunion she said that it was interesting how the cliques just weren't anymore. Well, it didn't appear to be that way at mine. The most popular people hung out with the other most popular people. Didn't really bother me though. I got to talk to most of the people I wanted to and that is good enough for me! We only made it to the main event because we were visiting my parents (they aren't going to be able to come home between treatments this time). The schedule for the weekend was: Friday night: Family bbq at C&J BBQ and then on to Murphy's Bar. We would have gone to the bbq joint but not the bar because we don't drink and don't hang out in bars. Saturday was a carnival for the families (didn't go for several reasons, the main one being that we don't have children) and then a tour of the high school (didn't go to this because I was meeting my aunt so we could talk about cattle and the auction which we will be taking cows to tomorrow) so we just made it to the main event. I still can't believe that it has been 20 years since I graduated. I do not feel that old (ok, well right now I do because I am not sleeping well).

Visited with Mom and Dad on Friday. Mom was up when we got there but only for a short time because she got sick and went to bed. She slept about 2.5 hours and then woke up, me and the Mr. went and got her a whopper, jr which started her on the road to keeping her food down. My sister's husband and kids were in town so we visited with them a little, they went to bed and we left at around 10:40 pm and got home around 12:45 am. We were wiped out Saturday so we left the reunion at 9:45 or so (plus I had church work to do).


Friday I also got the dreaded call. . . .the call about how my interview went and if I was going to be employed instead of unemployed. Well, I did not get the job because I am not ESL certified and I don't have teaching experience (outside of student teaching and subbing). Well, I am not going to comment further about what I think about that so, I am back to looking.

Today I planned to get a nap but I didn't get much of one so I am going to wrap this up and hit the sack. I hope that you all had a great week and that you have a great week this week. Tomorrow I am going to play cowgirl with my aunt! Actually it will be work. Maybe I will take my camera and take some pics of our babies! Til tomorrow!

Hi Mrs. H.'s mom!

PS: Sorry this is not in chronological orger but I wanted to keep the better part of the weekend to be first!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sorry to hear about the job..God certainly has other plans right now - maybe a different job or maybe still subbing....which might give you the most flexibility to help your mom - who knows?? I've never been to any of my reunions..I certainly was not part of the "in" crowd and not sure anyone would even know me. (I only went to that school for one year.) Glad you got to see some old friends!

Prayin' for your mom~

jenny said...

I still want to make one more plug for subbing at Cornerstone. Jennifer's comment above is probably full of insight---you do need to be flexible for your Mom's sake. I think I heard someone at our school may be having a baby, and to ahve a good ol' CofC-er would be a plus in a long term sub. I think we're also looking for someone to do computer classes in the afternoons and Spanish. Someone's in the office MWF!! :-) Come on! :-)

Heather said...

Sounds like you have a great attitude about what all is going on. God has not forgotten you... sometimes it just takes a little time for everything He has planned for you to all fall into place. If only we could see the big picture like He does. Also, glad you enjoyed your reunion. I didn't go to my 10th and am considering going to my 20th. I wasn't a fan of my high school, was ready to move on to college.

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.