Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday

What a day I have had! It started at 7:00 am as we went to work gathering the cows (please note that we do this on foot, not horseback or 4-wheeler. we don't even have any horses anymore!). Although my grandmothers cows didn't want to cooperate, the 4 calves that we needed miraculously ended up in the pasture where we needed them. We then went and gathered my mom's cows which includes Stormy, the baby we raised on a bottle. Stormy was a brat and I kept having to push her out of my way! We got them out of the gate and started across the oil pad except for our newest little guy who couldn't seem to find the gate and his momma wouldn't call him. My aunt and I kept the cows going towards the barn and Mr. I went back for the baby. Well, the baby's mom finally realized that she was missing something and took off back to the other pasture. Mr I. got those two back where they needed to be. Well, I was really worried about making sure that the young heifers that we were supposed to keep (which includes Stormy but I can pick her out, no problem) so we had all the big cows out and we were looking at the babies when I realized that last year we had tags but in their ears. . . .no worries!! So we got everyone separated and loaded into the trailer. Had four low tires so we went and put air in them and headed out to the auction barn. This was by about 10:20, we were making great time. Dropped off the cows, went to Mickey D's for a coke and ended up eating lunch. Big Mac. . . .yummmm! Headed to Coop to buy some mineral tubs and salt blocks and then headed home to put up the trailer and pick up my truck to head home.
I made it to my house by 12:09 and the appliance repair man (who gave me an I'll be there between 12 and 2 time frame) got there at 12:20. Took him a whole 20 minutes and $73.00 later, my washing machine is fixed!!
My aunt calls me to hurry out and open the gate because she had the escapee cows that we needed to look at and see about taking to auction close by. Well, I got the gate open, headed out to help her and the cows headed out to the back 40. OK, it is so hot but lets see if we can get them back. Well. . . .long story short, the cows are still in the pasture and I will see if I can trick them into the pastures I need them in sometime this week!! We finished up again, headed to grandmom's house for WATER. We had splashed water on ourselves at our lake to try to cool off (we laughed about having our own wet t-shirt contest!) so we smelled like lake water, cows and sweat. Not a good combo!! I then headed home at about 2:30 and finally got to shower all of the stink and dirt (lots and lots of dirt and stink!). I finally headed out again about 4:45 and only made it as far as grandmom's house. I ate dinner with them, cleaned up the kitchen, went to my parents house and put up their cats, came home and ironed a shirt for my honey, started a load of laundry (after I finally got the stupid bleach bottle open) and changed the sheets on the bed. Oh, and wrote a blog entry. Folks, I did this all on just two hours of sleep!! I am ready to hit the sack so until later. Goodnight!

I don't think I am going to be able to move tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Surely hope you got a good night's rest...you deserved it!!

Heather said...

Wow... what an eventfull day! I am so glad Aunt D. was able to help. :)

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.