Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hurt Stinks

Ok, so being on the injured reserved list has made me an emotional wimp this weekend. I was crying so hard while typing a post for my other blog that I could hardly see the stinking computer. I don't know what is wrong with me. I do have to say though that I am feeling better. I was able to go to both services of church today and it was very nice to get out of the house and visit with people. The rest of the weekend I sat in my recliner!
Tomorrow is the first day of school around here. My Dad says that it is his last year of teaching. I don't know what he will do when he retires. My sister R starts her 11th year of teaching and coaching. I can't believe that she has been teaching for that long. TatorTot starts 7th grade (oh my goodness) and Miss MaddyMoo starts 4th grade (makes me feel oh so old). Our first angel baby would be going into 3rd grade this year. It is hard to believe that it has been that long (I can still remember what I was wearing when Mr. G took me to the er that day). Anyway, I hope that tomorrow isn't too hard on everyone since it is yet another first without my Mom.
Last night I was laying in bed and once again the realization that my Mom is really gone hit me so hard that it took my breath away. I keep thinking that it will get easier but so far it hasn't. Maybe this last week has been so hard because when I was sick, my Mom always checked on me and made sure that I was ok. My Dad did a great job of doing that and I love him for it but it wasn't the same as my Mom. I just needed hug and to hear her tell me that she loves me and that it was going to be ok. I am so very jealous of people who have their Mom and have children of their own.
Well, that is all for tonight. I am sorry that this post is a mess but well, I just don't know.

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.