Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hurry-Up Ham-N-Noodles

I tried this recipe Monday night and it was really good. Mr. Giggles even liked it! I had tried it at my sister's house last summer as we were packing to head to our first time at MD Anderson. Needless to say, I didn't really remember how it tasted. So here is the recipe with my variations. Oh and I found out that it is a Taste of Home recipe.

Hurry-up Ham-N-Noodles
Ingredients
*5 to 6 cups uncooked wide egg noodles (I used 6 cups and it was too much noodle and I think any kind of noodle would work good)
*1/4 cup butter, cubed*1 cup heavy whipping cream
*1-1/2 cups julienned fully cooked ham (I used can chicken that I sauteed with mushrooms and seasoned with seasoning salt, black pepper, chili powder and garlic)
*1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
*1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
*1/4 teaspoon salt (I never add salt to anything because I use seasoning salt)
*1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions
Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer or until thickened.Add the ham, cheese, onions, salt and pepper; cook, uncovered, until heated through. Drain noodles; add to ham mixture. Toss to coat; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.

I served with broccoli and texas toast. The sauce is very much like alfredo sauce. I am going to make the sauce and use it to make a chicken alfredo pizza like the one I almost always eat at The Olive Garden.

In the coming weeks I am going to try another recipe my sister has posted on her blog. If you would like to try it before I do go here. If you try it you have to let me know how it tastes. Well, that's all for now. Since I am stuck in my chair there is no telling how many times a day you will hear from me!!!

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.