Thursday, January 6, 2011

Life on a Thursday in January

What a title huh?  This morning I got up early because I am subbing in a 7th grade history class (5 am is early to me what about you?).  I get to school (the one my Dad teaches at) and got to my classroom to find out that we are watching The Alamo with Dennis Quaid, Billy Bob Thornton, Jason Patric and a whole slew of other people.  I was excited about that since I hadn't watched it before but I had to start watching about a 1/3 of the way through.  Pretty good movie. . . .but after lunch I get to watch the same part over 4 times.  Exciting. . .I know you envy me!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Anyway I tripped over to The Pioneer Woman's blog and found the most exciting news that totally made my day.  She has written a children's book called Charlie the Ranch Dog.  Her dog Charlie is the star and I can't wait until it comes out in April.  I may pre-order (something I never do)!  Can't wait to read it.  I LOVE children's books (one of the reasons I wanted to teach elementary kids although now I am leaning towards junior high kids. . . .but they can still read kids books right?).  Maybe one of these days I will write a book.  Would you buy it?
I hope all of you are having as an exciting day as me!  Happy Thursday everyone. 

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.