Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wrapping Up 2010

Well, it is the end of 2010 and I can't say that I am sad to see it go.  This year has been a very trying year for my family.  I hope that the coming year is better for all of us.  We enjoyed being together for Christmas but there was that something that was missing, well it was someone who was missing.  I hope that she is happy with how things went. 


We are spending New Year's Eve at my in-laws house with Mr. Giggles Mom, Dad, sister and b-i-l.  We will eat too much, stay up too late and play a game or two.  We are under a burn ban so we won't be doing any fireworks this year.  Plus it is a little too cool for me to want to spend time outside.


I will do a little run down of what happened in 2010.
January:  my sister and I continued traveling to MD Anderson to stay with my Mom as she continued her stay there.  Mom wasn't released like we thought she was going to be but she seemed to be getting better.

February:  spent more time at MDA and Mom was up and down health wise.  At the end of the month she was released to an acute care hospital in our hometown.  We were excited and had lots of hope.  Oh, and we got snow.

March:  Our hopes were dashed when Mom passed away.  Mr. G and I celebrated our 13th anniversary, my nephew celebrated his 12th birthday and my niece celebrated her 9th birthday.  All celebrated without my Mom.

April:  life continues but without travel.  We celebrated Mom's 59th birthday.

May:  we celebrated my sister's birthday and the end of school.  My Dad decides that he will continue to teach another year.

June:  we celebrated my Dad's 65th birthday, my parents 41st anniversary, my in-laws anniversary, Mr. Giggles 42nd birthday and took a trip to Colorado with my Dad and little sis.

July:  continued on with the hot weather.  My sister's and I went to see the musical WICKED.  It was awesome.  My Mom would have loved it!  One year since Mom's diagnosis.

August:  still hot and everyone got ready to head back to school.  We also celebrated my little sister's birthday.

September:  school is back in full swing.  This month is Leukemia and Lymphoma Awareness Month.

October:  celebrated my 40th birthday.  One year since Mom entered MD Anderson.

November:  celebrated Thanksgiving at my sister's house.  Mom was missed a lot.

December:  celebrated Christmas without Mom but enjoyed being with the rest of the family.

Well, that is 2010 in a nutshell. . . .a very small nut shell!

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.