Friday, July 22, 2011

My Best Marriage Advice

Today I am linking up with Kelly's Korner for Show Us Your Life marriage advice.

Mr. Giggles and I have been married for 14 years, 4 months and 2 weeks.  And we have been through a lot of tough situations: the death of both his grandparents, my aunt, his uncle and my Mom, two miscarriages, and the stillbirth of our son but even though it has been hard there was never any doubt that we would be together.  Before we got married, I told Mr. Giggles that he was going to be stuck with me forever and that I was stuck with him!  Although I don't feel the least bit qualified to be giving marriage advice but here are some things that I have learned along the way:

Laugh:  have fun with each other.  Sometimes life gets too serious and a good laugh will help.  I love hearing my husbands deep laugh (and the occasional snort!!) especially when he is laughing with the nephew and niece.
Smile:  I love it when he smiles at me and it makes me feel better when I smile at him.
Put God first and the rest just kind of falls into place.
Don't air your dirty laundry with others, if there is a problem between the two of you, keep it between the two of you. . . . .don't involve friends.
Respect each other.
Spend time together that doesn't involve tv, computers, other distrations.
Hold hands, share kisses and hugs.
Talk. . . about important things, not important things, life, your day. . .just talk.
Love each other unconditionally.

Well, I am sure that there are 100 more things I could put because my parents were wonderful examples of what a marriage should look like but I can't think of anything else right now (and the hubs is telling me to hurry up and get in the shower!!!)

Have a GREAT Friday!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is such great advice! We get so busy we forget to really talk here.

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.