Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Has This Ever Happened To You?

Well, it has happened to us twice.  I guess that is what happens when you get old!!  You are probably wondering what in the world I am talking about so let me tell you.  Today I was at Michael's and went to open my car door so I could get out and go into the store and my door handle broke.  You read that right, my inside door handle broke.  Thank goodness I have small fingers and can get the door open.  And yes, this happened to my husband's truck a year or so ago.  And the reason I say it is what happens when you are old is because our newest vehicle (the hubby's truck) is a 1996 model.  Our other two vehicles are both 1995 models.  And that was the excitement of my day!

I didn't realize last night when I posted that it was my 500th post.  I can't believe that I have had that much to write about!!!  My husband would say otherwise.  I would love to have a giveaway but since I have been unemployed since 2007, I better not.  Yes, I have a job but I won't get a paycheck until the end of August or thereabouts.  Maybe after the next 500 ramblings.

I survived my first day of Weight Watchers.  Yeah me! 

Well, that is all for tonight.  I am tired.  Oh, the weatherman just said 14 days of 100 degree heat.  It seems like it has been 1400 days of 100 degree heat.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think I have ever heard of car handles breaking before!

Jennifer said...

So great to get back to reading your posts - ok, so I missed the first 400 or so..but I have loved your blog since I found it!!

So excited about your new job..oh, and paychecks!! WOO HOO! Take care in that heat - I do love summer but days on end can be tough!

Happy Wednesday, friend!

The Lovely One said...

Good luck with Weight Watchers! You should definitely still have a giveaway... maybe something that you've made?

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.