Saturday, January 17, 2009

Our God is AWESOME!

Today my honey, mom, dad and I went to see Ms. Kitty's parents (she is still in ICU). They didn't know we were coming so they were so surprised when we showed up in the waiting room. We were so excited by the progess Ms. Kitty is making. Here is the announcement I have put in our church bulletin for tomorrow.

Ms. Kitty is showing tremendous improvement over the last few days. She will be undergoing surgery on Monday for the final skin graft. She has had her catheter, trache, and feeding tube removed. She walked 30 steps today, has taken a shower, eaten mac & cheese and mashed potatoes. She is also able to speak in a whisper. They are getting her glaucoma under control. Giggles Mom and Giggles were able to go in and visit with Ms. Kitty for a few minutes and she wanted this to pass along that she loves and misses everyone, thanks you for your prayers and can’t wait to be back at church.

We were so happy that she agreed to allow us to go visit her. Her mom wanted us to give Ms. Kitty the pictures we had taken of DJ (her kitty) and of all the ladies who attended our Christmas party. She was excited about the photo album and getting to see pics of those who love her. Ms. Kitty's mom told her about me writing on my blog about her ordeal and she has ask me to print out copies of what I had written SO, I would love it if you could send her well wishes if you have the chance. She is such a special lady and it would mean a lot to her.

It was AWESOME to see what the power of prayer and God's hand can do for those we love who are hurting. I promise to keep everyone up to date on her progress. Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. You all are wonderful! :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Dear Ms. Kitty,

I have been following your progress on Giggles' blog...and have been praying for you and your recovery. I have also asked several of my friends to pray.

Please know that you are being covered in prayer for a speedy and full recovery. I pray it will be an encouragement when the progress seems to be slow!

I was so glad to hear you have been up and walking - and even eating some yummy carbs! I hope you are being "spoiled"...and will be able to move out of ICU sometime soon.

I promise to continue to pray...be gentle with yourself and I pray that you will feel the Lord's presence very close each day! I will continue check Giggles' blog for updates!

God bless you, Ms. Kitty

Jennifer

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.