Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It hit WHAT???

100 ON JUNE 16TH? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING? WHAT IS THE REST OF THE SUMMER GOING TO BRING? Oh my, it is too hot. Bring on the concerns of a very hot summer: will we be able to get any hay cut? when will we get more rain (or any rain?), will the tanks keep enough water for the cows? when will the burn ban be put back on? will my yard and plants survive? will I be able to do anything outside without melting into a heap of too hot Giggles? I know that the answer to all of these questions are in God's hands but I feel it is my duty to worry about these things. Along with, will I get a job? What if I don't? What if I spent all that time in school and I am never able to teach? If not a teaching job, what will I become??

Ok, I am now done with today's worries. As mentioned before, it was 100 miserable degrees today and I was out in it a lot today. The morning started out with taking my suburban to get new shocks put on it and then an out of town trip to the funeral of my sister's father-in-law's sister-in-law's funeral and then to the cemetery for the burial. Come home and begin running errands for the hubby which included Wal-Mart (trip 2) and then out to his school, back into town to pick up my suburban to take to another repair shop for a/c work tomorrow and then home for the usual home stuff. Thank goodness my parents live here in town and that we own three vehicles!!

Ok, so enough with the complaining. I am working on getting the teachers list together for my 20th hs reunion. I am excited to get to see some of my friends that I haven't seen since the 10 year reunion! I love seeing old friends!!!

Well, I am going to close for tonight. Tomorrow will bring another day of running around for the hubby and I need to rest up for it!!

Good night everyone. Stay cool!

3 comments:

jenny said...

I was going to blog about this, too, but since you did, I guess I don't have to??

Giggles said...

Go ahead! I would be neat to have the "city" perspective of this awful heat! We need to get together with Mrs. H for lunch or somthing this summer!

Jennifer said...

Goodness...and around here we have been back to the high 60s/low 70s and wearing sweaters or light jackets to church tonight! Crazy weather for sure!!

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.