Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday, Tuesday!

Today I didn't get a whole lot accomplished. I have gotten some clothes folded but I haven't gotten them put up yet. I have a lot of things to get done this week so hopefully tomorrow will be more productive. The first thing I am going to do is go see my doctor. Last week while cutting down brush I happened to get into poison ivy. I am apparently very allergic to it. After a week it is still spreading and I am having an additional reaction either to the poison ivy itself or to the medicine I have been using. On some of the places where there is poison ivy, it has turned very red and has spread. It looks very gross. So, I can't stand the itch anymore so I am going to the doctor to get a shot to get rid of this mess. This is only the second time I have ever had this and the first time was awful too. I can't believe that even though I am a country girl and used to spend tons of time in the pasture with my horses that I have only gotten it twice. I will be very diligent to not ever get into it again!

Tonight I tried a new recipe. It was good. I can take it or leave it. I am interested to see what my honey thinks. I am thinking that he is not going to like it but we will see. Well, my husband said he likes it so I guess we will be eating it again some time! Here is the recipe if you are interested in trying it out.

Butter Me Up" Vermicelli with Buttery Butterflied Shrimp

Ingredients
1 pound vermicelli (used 1/2 pound broken in half)
6 tablespoons butter
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
1 pound large shrimp (24 count), peeled and deveined, tails off, cut in two down the backside
1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
Ground black pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1/2 cup white wine (I used chicken stock)
1 lemon (didn't use much)
1 small bunch flat leaf parsley (1 cup), chopped (eyeball it) (didn't use)

Preparation
Place a large pot of water over high heat for the pasta. When the water is boiling, salt it and drop the pasta. Cook to al dente according to package directions. When the pasta is ready, drain it and reserve.
As soon as the pasta goes into the water, place the butter and garlic into a small pot over low heat and cook until the pasta is ready.
While the pasta is cooking, season the shrimp with Old Bay, fennel seeds, salt and pepper, and reserve. When the pasta is about ready, place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. After you’ve drained the pasta, add the shrimp to the hot pan and sauté until pink, about 2 minutes.
Add the wine to the pan and cook to reduce, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and add the juice of the lemon.
Combine the shrimp, garlic butter, cooked pasta and parsley, and toss well.

Well, I guess that is it for tonight. I hope you are all having a good week.

Hi Mrs. H's mom!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh...I've never had poison ivy but I know the itching can be miserable! Yours sounds like the worst...hope your shot works and you are feeling better fast!!

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.