Monday, June 22, 2009

A is for Annoying Armadillo

For the past two days, I have found the annoying armadillo that lives under my house roaming around in my backyard. I really wish it would move out, surely there are other houses more interesting than our humble abode! Maybe I should write a children's book about this critter, that would be a lot of fun to do and I think that I could probably draw an armadillo without too much effort. Hmmm, I will have to think about this. Anyway, today was hot. This afternoon at some point I looked at the thermometer that is on our front porch in the shade and and it read 101 degrees. I missed the weather tonight so I don't know what the "official" temp was.

My parents finished taking up their wood floors this morning at 12:45 so the workers could begin fixing their foundation and guess who NEVER showed up. Hopefully they will come tomorrow. It is amazing how different a house looks when it is completely emptied (with the exception of the sofa and piano) and the wood floor is up and the carpets pulled up. I haven't seen the house like that since 1976 when we moved in. My parents have worked so hard these last few days getting everything ready and they are totally wiped out. I wish they could go away for a couple of weeks but they have too much on their plates here so here they will stay. Have I ever mentioned how AWESOME my parents are? They are such hard workers in everything they do. When I grow up, I hope to be like them.

Well, it is late and I have to get up early in the morning to get some yard work done before it is too hot. Hope everyone had a good day.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.