Sunday, June 14, 2009

What A Weekend!!

Well, you might have noticed that I have not done a lot of posting lately . . . .well, the reason has been a lack of time! My parents celebrated their 40th Wedding Anniversary on Saturday and my sisters and I had a celebration for them. It was difficult to plan because my mom is the "planner" and we usually just do what she asks of us. This was the three of us and one of us lives out of town. All the hard work was well worth it! My mom was very surprised as she had NO idea that anything was going on. My dad knew just a little bit because he was in charge of keeping mom away from my grandmother's house (the location of the party) while we got everything prepared. We had around 83 people at my grandmother's house during a two hour period. We had friends from our current church, from our old church, old family friends and friends from when they first got married. Oh, and family! Can't forget them! My mom's sister, my dad's two brothers, one of them also had their daughter and wife with them, my other grandmother, my dad's sister, her husband and one of her kids and a new friends! It was an AWESOME day. My parents were very pleased and loved getting to see everyone! We have such wonderful parents and it was such a pleasure to get to do something special for them on such a special occasion.

Now I can put my planning focus on my part of my 20th high school reunion. I am in charge of getting in touch with teachers who were there when we were students. At least I know where one of them is. . . .my dad should be pretty easy to find! I am also in charge of getting a tour of the high school because it ha really changed since we were there! This event is in July which is so very quickly approaching. BUT. . . . .

before the reunion is vacation so I will actually be splitting up my planning time between vacation and the reunion. We will be taking our camping trailer which is always exciting. We are planning on visiting the southeast part of Oklahoma. I am looking forward to it because we will be in the mountains even if it won't be as cool weather wise as our usual trip to Colorado. I am ready to go but have a lot to do to get ready like finding someone to take over my church secretary duties, get the house cleaned up (so if the robbers come they won't be offended by a messy house! My husband always says that because he thinks it is absurd that it bothers me when we are gone to have a messy house but not as much when we are home. I stopped trying to explain!), yard mowed, grass watered, clothes and others things packed into the trailer! Oh, I am making myself to tired! I will worry about starting my to do list on that tomorrow!!

One other exciting happening from the weekend was getting to meet Mrs. H's parents. Mrs. H's mom reads my blog and I try to leave her a note (I am actually trying to get her to leave me a comment!) each time I blog. It was wonderful to meet the parents of a dear friend and blogger buddy. Hi Mrs. H's mom! I was so glad to get to meet you today! You have a wonderful daughter and I like her hubby and kids too!

Well, I am totally exhausted and ready for bed. I hope all of my many, many (all 3 of you) loyal readers had a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

How exciting....Happy 40th to your folks!! Sounds like a wonderful party :) Can't wait to hear about your reunion! And, by the way, I ALWAYS clean my house before I leave for vacation....it is so nice to come home to a clean house and miserable to walk home to a mess!!

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.