Tuesday, June 23, 2009

One of My Favorite Things


All my life I have loved the aluminum cups that my grandmother kept at our camphouse. I would always drink out of one of them when we were there because they keep your drink so cold! Well, because we don't get to use our camphouse anymore, my grandmother gave me the cups but I haven't used them (some time I will have to tell you more about our camphouse and lake). For Christmas last year my sister (RDJ) gave me the pitcher and cups in the picture (they are from athomeamerica.com and are on sale for $19.99 right now!). I finally had an occassion to pull them out and use them. We celebrated my honey's birthday tonight (his birthday is tomorrow but we have church so we celebrated tonight). I made a pudding cake and my parents, grandmother and sister LEH came over. We had a nice time. We celebrated with my honey's family on Saturday. We ate a yummy lunch of hamburgers and all the fixins.

Work began on my parents house today. I was there this morning when the workers arrived and boy let me tell you, they didn't waste any time. They moved a bunch of my mom's plants and then helped us move some other things that were in their way. They seem to be a nice group of people. I just wish I could understand what they are saying! It is hard to believe that they should be finished in 7 days.

Well, I think that is all I have for today. I really hope that everyone is staying cool. I did outside work today and let me tell you, it was hot. So, if you have to work outside. . . .please be careful and make sure your kids are being careful when playing outside.

Happy Tuesday to you all (and you too Mrs. H's mom!)!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Such cute cups and pitcher!! Glad you got to finally use - and for a birthday!! Pudding cake sure does sound yummy....hope it was a great day!

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.