Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Day 16

Today I am thankful for the time I am spending with my family as we celebrate the Thanksgiving in an unusual way.



We went as a family minus one to the Black-eyed Pea and ate lunch. We were able to convince my Dad to leave my Mom (she said it was ok) and go with us. We had a good time but we really missed Mom. Unfortunately before we were able to get back, she woke up and panicked because she was by herself. The nurses heard her yell so they checked on her and ended up putting a sign on her door to keep it open. She is really struggling right now. She now has graft vs. host disease (gvhd) which makes her look like a burn victim. She has huge blisters on her back, back of legs, sides and stomach. She is in terrible pain with the blisters. They will begin a new treatment to fight the gvhd. It will take at least a week for this to begin clearing up. Please keep her and my dad in your prayers. They are very weary right now because we keep hitting major bumps in the road. She has now been in the hospital for 53 days. My sisters children really wanted to get to see her (it has been several months since they last saw her) but all children (unless they are patients) are banned from entering the hospital at this time. We made a sign so we could stand on the parking garage right outside her window and she could see the message we wrote but she was unable to get out of bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for coming to see my home tour. I wish you and your family a blessed Christmas.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.