Saturday, October 9, 2010

Happy Birthday. . . . . . . . . . .to me.

Today was my 40th birthday. I have a very hard time believing that I am 40 but it really doesn't bother me. I was not really looking forward to my birthday this year. I thought that last year's birthday was bad because my Mom was in the hospital and couldn't spend the day with but little did I know that this year would be worse. But because I have a great family and because they love me (warts and all), they made it a good day. The day began with my sister RAW and my adopted sister and I headed out of town to attend Scarecrow Festival which is a yearly craftshow. I even had some money to spend but came home with most of it!! I did find some yummy pecan brittle for my honey and I to share and the cutest terra cotta heart and flower. I will have to take pictures to show you the cuteness of them. While shopping, my cell phone rang and I heard the sweetest sound ever. . . .my nephew and niece called to sing happy birthday (I also spent a few minutes chatting with my other sister). They will never know how much that meant to me. I love them so much and hate that I don't get to see them very often. Also while we were there we ran into one of my Mom's childhood best friends. We talked about my Mom and what a wonderful person she was and we cried. She kept apologizing for making us cry but we would much rather talk about her and cry than for people to be afraid to talk about her. My Mom was an incredible woman and we love to hear the kind things other people have to say.My husband stayed at home and baked my birthday cake (which was good. . .butter cake with chocolate icing, sprinkles and candy birthday hats) and waited for us to come home.
We headed back home to meet my Dad and hubby to eat and since I misread the clock and gave a bad time estimate (in my defense, my sister's clock in her car is about 15 minutes fast) we had a few minutes to spare and that gave us enough time to stop at Kohls. I had a mishap with my wallet last week so my hubby told me to get a new one for my birthday which I did and the best parts are that I got one almost identical to the one I had which I loved and better yet. . . . .it only cost me $5.82!!
We went to On The Border for a very yummy supper. I can't remember what everyone else had but I had chicken fajitas (that is what I had for supper last night too!!) and they were fantastic. I was very happy that my Aunt D (my Mom's super cool sister) was able to meet us (we didn't think she was going to make it because she had been moving hay). I am so thankful that she is in town to celebrate my G-mom P's birthday which is next weekend. We left the restaurant and headed our separate ways before heading to my Dad's house to eat cake and open presents. I stopped off at my house to pick up a few things along with my husband!! While at home I checked my fb and I had 59 birthday wishes from friends. I read through some but not all. I am going to enjoy reading them tomorrow when I have a little more time. As of right now I have over 70!
We headed down to Dad's with cake and punch makings in hand. A couple of things I got were a yummy smelling candle, some canisters with cherries on them (I would love to do my kitchen in cherries) and some cookbooks. We ate cake and visited a while and then everyone headed home because we were all exhausted. To end the wonderful day, I spilt most of a 32 oz cup of sticky punch in my hubbies truck. Yes, I know. . . .you are jealous of my talent. Needless to say, I will spend Monday destickifying his truck for him.
Overall, I had a good birthday but I missed my Mom something terrible. Never in my life would I have dreamed that I would spend this milestone without my best friend. Thankfully I got to spend the day with most of the important people in my life; my hubby, my Dad, both grandmothers, my Aunt, my sister RAW and my adopted sis LEH. Thank you guys for making my day special. To those who couldn't be here SRJ, RDJ, Tatortot and Madcow, I missed you very much. I love you all very much and I am so lucky to have you all in my crazy life!!

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.