Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Thank Goodness for Nyquil

Well, it wasn't really nyquil but a cheaper just as good brand.  I felt horrible yesterday so when I went shopping I had nyquil or substitute on my list of must haves.  I took the recommended dose at bedtime last night and fell asleep very quickly which was nice because for the last few nights I have not slept at all.  Some of it has been due to illness but some of it was because my mind turns on and starts thinking about my Mom and going back over what has happened over the last 15 months.  Mostly I guess second guessing decisions I made about different things.  I know that those things can't be changed but I worry that I didn't do or say something right.  Well, back to the story at hand. . . . .I slept straight through the night until about 5:30 this morning when I had to get up (thanks nature!) and I started coughing when I got back in bed.  I knew I needed more sleep so I got up took a little bit more of the nyquil substitute and slept until 9:45.  I feel so much better than I did yesterday.  Hopefully by the end of the week I will feel much better.

Yesterday I got to go to Lowe's with my Dad to buy some lumber.  My Aunt S and Uncle J are coming to town this weekend to help my Dad put in his new front door.  I can't wait to see the new door.  You see, Mom and I picked up this door before they had to have the foundation work done on their house.  They had planned on changing out all the interior doors and the front door.  Well, because of the foundation work and then Mom's illness kept all of this work from being done.  The front door is beautiful and I know that Mom would be excited to see it being put in.  I will try to get a picture of it to show you how beautiful it is. 

Our being at Lowe's led me to ask myself this question. . . .If you are in a job position where you should be friendly and helpful, shouldn't you be that way?  Shouldn't you be that way instead of sullen and put out because we ask you to cut the wood (which is something your store offers) or because we want to check out and you have to stop talking to your buddy.  Is friendly and helpful customer service too much to ask for when we are at a store.  I do not like going to a store and being ignored by the checkout person until they have to ask me a question or give me the total.  Anyway, just a short rant on rude and unhelpful people in the service industry.  Does that bother anyone other than me?

Lastly I made something from Mrs. H's collection of yummy recipes.  It was the Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas and it was incredible.  I have posted the recipe on my other blog and you can find the recipe here or you can stop by Mrs. H's blog and check out all her recipes.  This recipe took me about an hour or so to create and cook and it was well worth the time.  Looking forward to leftovers tonight.

I hope you all have a great day. 

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.