Thursday, January 10, 2013

Something to Remember

Be where you are, not where you think you should be.

I know I have written about this before but it is something that I really struggle with every single day.  I look at my life and wonder why.  It isn't that my life is bad, I have a great marriage, a close knit family, my husband has a job that he loves (well, maybe just likes a lot), we have a roof over our head (and we keep our fingers crossed that the roof stays where it is), we have food, clothes and transportation.  We both work hard (yes, I work hard at subbing and still hope to find a teaching job), we aren't frugal with our money but we don't waste it (not much anyway) either.  I see all the "things" that other people have and I want some of that too.  I want a house that I can be proud to invite other people into.  I want a new(er) truck.  I want two kids.  I want to be in the place that I thought we would be in by this time in our lives.  We have been married for 15 years and I thought we would have at least a few of those things.  Anyway, I am going to post this saying on my mirror so I can see it every single day to remind myself that I/we are where we are supposed to be.

And now on to more exciting things!  I finally took pictures of my new bathroom vanity/sink/faucet that we (the hubs) replaced last weekend AND our 2012 ornament. 

New vanity/sink/faucet
2012 ornament
Close up (in case you couldn't tell!!)
And the ornament I got at our annual Christmas party

For the rest of this month and for about a week in February I am in charge of two students who are in DAEP which is District Alternative Education Program.  This is for students who have gotten in trouble at school and have surpassed in school suspension.  The students are supposed to complete their class assignments on their own and I turn them in at the end of each day.  So far it hasn't been too bad.  I do have one student who thinks that sleep should be allowed to pass the time but sadly for the student, it is not.  Not sure how to keep the student awake for the next 6 days!!

For the last two years our area has been in a drought and the last two days have brought us a nice amount of rain.  Because I am working in a rural school and it tends to flood, we all got to go home early yesterday and got to come back to school an hour later this morning.  It was AWESOME (well this morning was, because I rode to work with the hubs yesterday I had to wait until he was finished with a meeting but we still left by about 3:15)!!



And this is what the sunset looked like after two days of hard rain.  It was very beautiful.

1 comment:

Kathy C said...

Philippians 4 !!!!
Love you!

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.