Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thankful Thursday

We are now 17 days into 2013 and although I don't do resolutions, I am trying to make some changes in my life so I can get back the happiness that I have lost over the past five years.  Since we lost our little boy I have not been the same.  I know that I will never be the person I was before losing him but I want some of the happiness I had.  After my Mom got sick and passed away I lost a little bit more of me.  I can't remember feeling true happiness in a long time.  Oh yes, I put on a smiley face and pretend like everything is peachy and sometimes it is but sometimes it isn't and I really don't like that feeling.  I know that to get that feeling back I have to remember that everything that has happened is God's plan and that things will happen in his time if it is his will.  So to do that, I am trying to be more thankful for the things I do have in my life.  Today I am going to focus on the two people who call me Aunt.  I love these two people more than they will ever know.  I love spending time with them doing nothing or watching them play their sports, watching movies, or whatever.  They make me happy.  I love getting a call from my niece asking me to by cookie dough for her band fund raiser and I love getting a text message from my nephew just to say hi.  They make me happy when they give me big hugs for no reason and when they snuggle up next to me on the couch to watch a movie.  I love these two stinkers more than anything and I am so thankful to have them in my life.  Aren't they just the cutest? They look a little more grown up these days since they are now in double digit ages!  



No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.