Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reflections

Ok, first of all, I never thought that I would use the word "reflection" again in my life but here I am using it as the title of a blog entry. Let me explain why I had that thought. When you are an education major, you hear that word millions of times and you have to reflect on everything millions of times. By the time I graduated, I had begun to dislike that word very much! But, I am going to reflect on 2008. If I come up with something really interesting, I will share it with you! As of right now, I just can not believe that 2008 was over. This year has really gone by quickly. Things that I thought or hoped would happen didn't but I know that there is a reason for this. I just have to wait and see what God has in his plans and let my plans go. I have definately learned that even though I think that my plans are perfect, God's are better for me even if I don't understand it. As I am writing this, Mrs. H. and I are having a facebook chat so I ask her about the words of a song that really says it all about our plans versus God's plans. Part of the chorus says, "And if you wanna hear God laugh, tell him your plans." Why don't we ever understand this? Well, that is all the reflecting I am going to do tonight.
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

jenny said...

You just reminded me---I am supposed to write a "reflection" before the end of the month---that's tonight! ooops! I can whip something out. Keep reflecting! I am convinced we don't spend enough time reflecting on our lives, or at least I don't get to as much as my spirit needs to.

Happy New Year!

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.