Thursday, December 11, 2008

14 and Counting

What a difference a day makes. When I got up this morning there was still snow on the ground and it still looked awesome. I took a few more pictures of my yard, the pastures around my house, my G-mom's house, my parent's place and the snowman my mom built to show my niece and nephew! It really was special to get snow in December, well, the get snow at all and so much of it. But now it is all gone and I think everyone around has got pictures for souvenirs. It sure was cool (well, cold!) while it lasted!!
I did some more subbing today. This was a group of VERY talkative 1st graders. I do not remember being so loud when I was a kid. I think it was because we were afraid (not really the right word but it works) of the teacher and when she/he told us to do something we did it. I was ready for the day to be over with and I was only there for 4 hours. I did get to see some of the kids who were in my class when I did my student teaching and it was really good to see them.
Tonight we picked up our Christmas tree which is a family event. We go with my parents and my sister and pick out our trees together. I can't wait to get it in the house and to start decorating. Maybe that will help with the holiday spirit! The one we got looks like it is going to be really pretty and full. I will take some pictures and post them soon. That is all for tonight. I am going to start my Christmas cards as I watch CSI and ER.

Merry Christmas Ya'll!

2 comments:

Mrs. H. said...

I'm glad you got your tree today! Have fun decorating and working on your cards! I'm hoping to start on my cards next week. :-)

Jennifer said...

LOVE LOVE the snow pictures....a little strange when Texas has had more snow than we have had in No. Virginia!! (But I am not a snow lover so I'll just enjoy your pictures and not complain!!) Have fun with your tree!

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.