Monday, December 1, 2008

December already



My oh my, where has the past year gone? It is so hard to believe that this time last year I was finishing up my student teaching and just weeks away from graduating. This year I am currently in panic mode as I try to get my house cleaned up for the ladies Christmas party I am hosting tomorrow night (oooh, that sounds so grown up! Hosting a party!!). For those of you who know me, know that I am not really organized and would much rather be outside than in the house cleaning. Now I am having to really work to get everything put together. Another factor in the house cleaning is that first and foremost, I collect things. A lot of things and secondly, our house does not have much storage space. We live in my great grandmothers house that is over 70 years old. It is 3 bedroom and only has 3 very small closets and one of those is in the bathroom. I try to creatively store things but it doesn't always work. This time my creativity has spread out. Literally, I am storing non essential items in the garage apartment next door. Now, you may be wondering, what about the people that live there? Well, it is currently empty and the big closet in it is perfect for all of my (our) junk!!! Just don't tell my grandmother that I now have stuff everywhere!!! One thing that I have that I would love to get rid of is all of the excess computer stuff that we have accumulated over the years. What do you do with old computers and scanners when you don't need or use them anymore? Anyway, once I get this house finished up, I will be ready to start (finish really) decorating for Christmas. The decor for the party will be very simple but after that, you just don't know what I might do. My honey thinks that I am related to the Griswalds! Well, that might be true. You should see how awesome my mommy's house looks this time of the year. Well, I had better go so I can do more house work. I hope that each of you are enjoying this time of the year. We all get stressed (well, I assume we all do anyway) but we need to remember what is most important about this time of the year. I look forward to seeing everyone's pics of their decor and their memories, wishes and whatever else is shared.


Merry Christmas ya'll!

1 comment:

Mrs. H. said...

Merry Christmas - see you this evening! :-)

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.