Sunday, April 12, 2009

100th Post and Happy Easter

I can not believe that I have posted 100 blogs already. As far as I can tell, no one has died of boredom yet! I love reading your comments that you leave (I like hearing about those who read but don't comment) and I want to thank you for stopping by to see what is happening in my crazy life!

Today is a day that we split between our families (yes, we all (parents and in-laws) live in the same town but it doesn't always make things easy) so here is how it went. It actually started yesterday with us spending time at the in-laws house to celebrate the bro-in-law's birthday. We had a good time and great food. We had:

bbq (brisket, sausage & chopped beef)
baked beans
augratin potatoes
potato salad
cole slaw, onions, peppers, pickles, etc
and a very yummy lemon blueberry coffee cake

Then we hunted Easter eggs. This morning, we got up and went to church and then headed over to my sisters house for lunch. We had a crowd there! My parents, my honey and I, my sister, my other special sister, my grandmother and a college student who stayed in town. We had a very yummy lunch that included:

lasagna (mom)
squash casserole (sister)
green beans (sister)
corn (me)
salad (mom)
bread (special sister)
strawberry jello dessert (sister)
pecan pie (special sister)
turtle cheesecake (special sister)
Needless to say we have eaten well the last couple of days. After lunch my sisters and I hunted Easter eggs (always competitive) and then my honey and I headed home for a very short nap before heading back to church. After church we headed back to the in-laws for a quick visit.
Tomorrow my honey is off again so I get to spend another day with him. What a great way to start the week!
Have a great week! Thanks again for reading my blog:)

2 comments:

Mrs. H. said...

Congratulations on you 100th post! You forgot to mention your beautiful new Easter outfit you had on yesterdy! :-)

Enjoy your day today with Mr. Giggles. :-)

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter - and a yummy one!! I love your menus! Congratulations on your 100th post!! Yeah...I always enjoy your posts!

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.