Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Cleaning Day 6

Well, today I did not get much done. I looked at what needed to be done and was so overwhelmed. I didn't even get my Bible study done today so tomorrow should be a busy catch up day because my honey is off on Friday and I plan on spending all day with him. I did look through my study for today and here is a question that was asked:

What smell, sight, or sound brings back pleasant memories of childhood for you? For me there are so many things that bring back memories for me and I am having a hard time picking specific things. One thing that always takes me back is the smell of horses and leather. I have always been horse crazy and spent all my free time on my horse. Growing up I dreamed of being a horse trainer. Isn't it funny how some of our dreams turn into something so very different. Now I don't own a horse and haven't ridden one in probably 7 years or so. But the sight and smell of those two things take me back to my carefree childhood.

I will have to think of some more things to share. Please share yours with me.
I want to share with you the theme verse for this Bible study:
"I've kept my feet on the ground, I've cultivated a quiet heart.
Like a baby content in its mother's arms, my soul is a baby content." Psalms 131:2 MSG (I do not know what version of the bible this is from.)

I am really struggling right now and I hope that doing this study will help. The book I am using is called "Cultivating Contentment". This is one thing I really struggle with but right now it is not the only thing.

Well, I am beginning to ramble because it is past my bedtime (ok, so I ramble all the time. I can't help it)! Oh, the picture is of one of my mom's flower beds and her cat Boots. She has the most beautiful flower beds. Her green thumb did not pass on to me! And as you follow along with my crazy blog you will see that she can do just about anything and usually does it very well. Especially her floral arrangements. She has made another beautiful arrangement for us to put on our baby's grave. I will have to post pictures of the new one and the one she did at Christmas.

OK, I am really done! Good night! Hi Mrs. H's mom!

Have a good day everyone :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow - your mom's garden is beautiful. When I thought of smells from my childhood, I immediately thought of cut grass! I've mentioned before on my blog, that my dad was the perfect lawn/garden man...and mow the yard was something he did often - and with percision! The smell of freshly mowed grass still reminds me of my dad...and his labor of love over our yards!

Funny...a while back, I was a Longaberger consultant for just a bit and they sold candles with the scent of fresh grass - I thought they were great! Not another soul appreciated them the way I did !?!? (They discontinued them.)

Looking forward to hearing about your study.

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.