Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Cleaning Gone Wild

My mom has taken spring cleaning to a new extreme. She is busy packing up everything in the house. taking pictures off of the wall, you name it, it is going in a box. She is so into getting the house cleaned that she is even taking up the wood floor and the carpet. Before you know it the house will be completely empty. Why you ask. . . . has your mom lost her mind? Well, no, my parents foundation has cracked. You know the commercial for Oshan that says. . . .Cracks are bad. Well, their house is cracked bad! It has dropped 3.5 inches on one end and 4 inches on the other and the middle is where it is supposed to be. Their house is long because they did not want to cut down any trees when they were building it. In one year they lost all but three trees that surrounded the house. That is about 6 huge beautiful oak trees gone in a very short time. Anyway, back to the subject at hand. Mom hasn't cracked! She is just getting ready to have the foundation fixed on the house and everything and I mean EVERYTHING has to be moved out. Well, we moved into the house in 1976. That means that the three of us lived there for a long time and had a lot of stuff! And then came the grandkids and all of the hobbies, scrapbooking, floral arranging and all sorts of interesting things for mom and NASCAR, well just cars in general for my dad! Thank goodness for the local Ace Hardware owner who has helped supply boxes for the packing (to buy boxes is expensive). Let me tell you that this has been a huge job and she is not having fun. Last week she went and rebuilt a downed fence just so she could get out of packing mode! Well, she needed use of the pasture also. Anyway, hope you enjoyed this spring cleaning story. Just for the record, I have not finished yet. I have lost my momentum and motivation. I hope this makes sense. I am really tired! :)

Hope you're having a great week!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh wow...that does not sound like a good time! Hope all is back to normal soon.

I'm heading your way tomorrow...woo hoo!! Thanks for the restaurant tip!

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.