Sunday, January 3, 2010

And now. . . .the first week of 2010

I am at MDA with my Mom. I can not tell you how ready she is to get out of this place. I can't believe that it has been three months since she has been outside, held the grandkids, slept in her own bed, slept through the night without someone coming in to do something, ridden in a car and so on and so forth. I really missed doing all the things she and I do together for the holidays. I guess that is why I really never did get into the spirit of things. I am very ready for her to come home. Please continue to pray that she is able to come home on the 21st of this month like they have said.

I am broken hearted tonight as I write this because my precious friend Mel lost her precious triplet girls. I don't even know what to say to her. We have never actually met face to face but have become friends through our losses (we met through a mutual friend), her a baby girl in April 2008 and me, our baby boy in December 2007. She was such a gift from God because she understood what I was going through and I could tell her how I felt about things and not have to worry about what she thought. She knew because she was going through it too. Please pray for peace and comfort for her and her husband during this time. Things will be especially difficult because her sister is pregnant (Mel and her husband have struggled for several years to get pregnant and this was not the case for her sister).

Please pray for me to be the friend that she needs during this time. That I find the right words to help or to know when to just be silent and listen. This brings back so many memories and I realize that even with the passing of time, it hasn't gotten any easier. I still miss my baby terribly and wonder what he would be like now at two years old.

Hi Mrs. H's mom. Sorry we missed you when you were visiting. Hope to see you again soon.

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.