Saturday, January 9, 2010

Nothing in particular

We had a new record low last night - 18 degrees and in our house it warmed up to 58 degrees. We slept warm though because we put lots of cover on the bed! I am loving the Arctic blast but sure do wish we had a fireplace to help keep us warm! I love sitting by the fireplace and it has been such a long time since I have been able to do that. Well, we have a fireplace in our house but it has a piece of plywood in it because it doesn't have a chimney and it is coming away from the house. AND my parents took theirs out of their house during a remodel a couple of years ago and haven't had the chance to put one back in yet (theirs is sitting in the barn!). One day we will have one.

We spent New Year's Eve with my in-laws and we had snack foods. I made corn dip and tortilla roll-ups. I have to say that they both turned out to be very yummy. I changed up my tortilla roll-up recipe because I do not really like chunky picante sauce and that is all we ever have at home. I have found Hunts diced fire roasted tomatoes with garlic (I don't like tomatoes but I do like using these in recipes) and decided to use that instead of the picante sauce. They turned out really good and didn't last too long! I thought that I would share the recipes for both.

Tortilla Roll-ups
1 package cream cheese - softened (I just leave mine sitting on the cabinet overnight)
1 can Hunts diced fire roasted tomatoes with garlic (I put in the food processor so the tomatoes aren't so big)
1 package flour tortillas

Mix cream cheese and tomatoes
Spoon onto tortillas
Roll tortillas
Cut tortilla into fourths
Enjoy

Corn Dip
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
2 (11 ounce) cans Mexican-style corn
(I used shoepeg corn and added diced fire roasted tomatoes because I couldn't find mexi-corn and I run the tomatoes through the food processor)
4 green onions, chopped
3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
1 (7 ounce) can diced green chiles
(I don't like green chiles so I upped the jalapenos)
1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
(I used Kroger brand nacho and taco shredded cheese)

Directions
In a medium bowl, mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, corn, green onions, jalapeno chile peppers, green chile peppers and cheese. Ready to serve! Very tasty with fritos.


If you ever try these recipes, let me know how you like them! Well, that is all for tonight. Going to try to get to bed early so getting up for church tomorrow isn't as hard as it usually is!

No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.