Thursday, January 7, 2010

BRRRRR

Wow, we are getting ready to be hit by some super cold weather. I love winter even though it is usually pretty uneventful in our neck of the woods but I am not sure about what we are going to be dealing with for the next few days. My husband and I laughed this morning as we were getting ready to go to work (I am subbing for my Dad today so he can stay with my Mom) because last night we put a sheet over the window in our bathroom to help keep it warm. Let me tell you a little about our bathroom. There is no central heating or cooling in that room so when we got married we purchased a window unit to go in there. We were unable to afford one with heat so in the summer we have the a/c and during the winter we use a little heater. Well the bathroom is on the north side of the house, a house with very thin single pane windows with an a/c in the window. Oh, and an old metal bathtub that gets very, very cold. Needless to say, when the wind is gusting at about 25 miles per hour as it was this morning and it is in the 30's it is cold and we both watched the sheet we had covered the window with blowing in the breeze and it made us laugh. At one point it blew the bathroom door open some. Anyway, it is going to be very nippy in our house with this cold weather. I think that when I get home, I will be pulling out blankets and covering up the fireplace, which doesn't work but lets in a nice breeze, the old fuse box (ditto with the breeze) and whatever else I can do to help insulate or at least stop the breeze. I told my hubby that we could go stay at my sister's house if it got too cold. We will see if we need to make that trip! I will be getting some hay for my parent's cats, no, not for them to eat but to put in their house to help keep them warm. I hope we don't have any baby calves born. I don't think we should but you never know. Thankfully our neighbor will be feeding on Saturday so I don't have to worry about that.

I spent the first part of the week with my Mom at MDA. She is doing so much better these days. We passed the 3rd month in the hospital mark and are hoping that she only has 14 to be away from home. We all miss her so much and she is so ready to be back home and my Dad is so ready for her to be home. If you are wondering why she has been in the hospital, you can go here and read about her fight with leukemia. Praise the Lord that she is winning the fight. Our God is an awesome God for sure. I enjoyed getting to visit with her this week because for so many of the weeks I was there we weren't able to.

Well, I had better go and get something done.


No comments:

Copyright

© Life in My Lane: All photographs and text on this site are the sole property of Life in My Lane and may not be used or copied without express consent of Life in My Lane.